[MPlayer-dev-eng] support https: URLs

Mark Glines mark at glines.org
Sun Feb 11 07:56:44 CET 2007

Hi,

I spent some time today, and hacked together a patch for mplayer to
support https:// URLs.  It works for me, I can stream an mp3 file from a
web server over ssl.  Please consider applying it.

Since the http-streaming code in mplayer wants to manipulate file
descriptors directly, it was not easy to convert mplayer to use the
libssl calls (SSL_read(), SSL_write() and so forth) instead of the
native send/recv calls.  So instead, I just forked off a helper process
to shovel data between libssl and mplayer.  It communicates with mplayer
using a socket (created with socketpair), so the normal API still works
on the mplayer side of things.

Mark