[MPlayer-users] mplayer starts with volume level set to 50%

Ann Once almailtmp at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 22 16:28:50 CET 2014

Hello,
   De : Ingo Brückl <ib at wupperonline.de>

The GUI documentation is fairly up-to-date. For hpotmeter you'll see at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/skin-file.html#skin-hpotmeter that the
6th value (i.e. the second '50') is the default for the volume. Simply change
it to any other value you'd like.

I tried that without success. I tried again after your answer and I found the problem : I did not see that the skin file contains 2 hpotmeter definitions. I was changing the bad one...So it works. Thanks !
> G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale or G_BROKEN_FILENAMES isn't supported,
> encoding must be explicitly specified in G_FILENAME_ENCODING.

Unless you do as requested you may encounter problems with filenames.
I think that I am doing nothing special (every poster says that here, isn't it ? :) ) : I download, I do configure with --language=fr, I do make install and I unzip the skin.I always do like that and it is the first time that I have error messages.But gmplayer seems to work well...
Thanks for your help !