[MPlayer-users] mplayer starts with volume level set to 50%

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Fri Nov 21 22:06:36 CET 2014

Ann Once wrote on Fri, 21 Nov 2014 20:39:45 +0000 (UTC):

> I don't know the syntax to set evSetVolume but I have this line in the skin
> file :
> hpotmeter = pos, 13, 10, NULL,  50, 50, 269, 70,  61, 10, evSetVolume

The GUI documentation is fairly up-to-date. For hpotmeter you'll see at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/skin-file.html#skin-hpotmeter that the
6th value (i.e. the second '50') is the default for the volume. Simply change
it to any other value you'd like.

> G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale or G_BROKEN_FILENAMES isn't supported,
> encoding must be explicitly specified in G_FILENAME_ENCODING.

Unless you do as requested you may encounter problems with filenames.

> [ws] An X11 error has occurred!
> [ws]  Error code: 10 - BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
> [ws] An X11 error has occurred!
> [ws]  Error code: 163 - BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)

I can't make sense of that. Seems to be a shared memory issue.

Ingo