[MPlayer-users] HELP: My messages aren't being sent to this list

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu May 22 00:02:13 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 05:34:09AM -0700, James Board wrote:
> > James could you reply here to test? The messages you sent
> > yesterday
> > still ended up in spam with gmail, but I don't know if that
> > was before
> > or after the changes.
>
> Here is your reply.
>
> Also, I looked into Yahoo Answers and found [appended below], which
> was a recent change in how Yahoo is combatting forged
> Yahoo email addresses.  This is almost certainly the cause
> of my problems.  But I don't know anything about what they're
> talking about.  Is there anything I can personally do?

Essentially what you could do is not use Yahoo for mailing lists...
More specifically, do not have a "yahoo.com" address in the "From"
field of any emails you send to mailing lists.
That effectively would mean creating an account somewhere else for
sending to the list, though you could still read the messages
from another account.

Apart from that I am afraid not, unless you can convince Yahoo to fix this...
The "suggested" method by some is to kick Yahoo users of lists,
which has obvious issues... (not that I'd mind people stop
using Yahoo).
The alternative is to mangle "From:" headers from Yahoo users.
Which means replying privately to them will become somewhat
of a pain.
There seems to be no real third option.
I will probably look into the second one, but it's a bit much
effort for my free time which I'd rather spend on something
useful like improving MPlayer...