[MPlayer-users] How to start playing files why they are still being recorded? How to stream?

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 5 10:32:35 CET 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:13:51 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> the failed attempt to steal FFmpeg) on purpose. To the
> best of my knowledge, it is true that compilation of
> MPlayer with avconv is broken on purpose, but this was
> not done in MPlayer but in avconv which regularly breaks
> API / ABI (and be it just to break MPlayer compilation).

Sorry, but I very much doubt that they broke the libavcodec etc. APIs
specifically to break mplayer compilation. It's more like mplayer can't
be built properly even with ffmpeg releases, because it relies on
ffmpeg git master, uses internal ffmpeg symbols, etc... So the fault is
entirely on your side here. (I'm not commenting on the rest of your
post, just the issue of API changes.)