[MPlayer-users] Is -wid option supported on Mac OS X for any video output?

Anton Sviridenko anton at corp.bluecherry.net
Mon Dec 8 00:14:30 CET 2014

man page says "(X11, OpenGL and DirectX only)", so I assume that it
should be supported by some OpenGL video driver available for OS X.

I'm trying to utilize mplayer in slave mode for some cross-platform
application, and run it in this way (C++, Qt):

    m_process->start("mplayer", QStringList() << "-slave" //<< "-idle"
                    << "-wid" << m_wid << "-quiet" << "-input"
                    << "nodefault-bindings:conf=/dev/null" <<
"-noconfig" << "all"
                    << "-playing-msg" << MPL_PLAYMSGMAGIC"\n"
                    << "-nomouseinput" << "-zoom" << "-nomsgcolor"
                    << "-vo" << "gl"
                    << filename);

but setting "-vo gl" does not help on OS X, video is played in its own
separate window instead of application window.
I've built mplayer on os x from latest svn trunk and enabled opengl
output explicitly, stdout and stderr output from mplayer process shows
that "gl" driver is used, but there is no any error about unsupported
"-wid" option or something else.

Windows id value is retrieved from Qt's QWidget::winId() method, and
everything works perfectly on Linux and Windows.

Am I doing something wrong?