[MPlayer-users] Inverse Telecine and JPEG Extraction

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 15:24:33 CEST 2013

>> >(as said, use -filter_complex instead of -vf)
>
>> In sh, the error message is "No such filter: 'pullup'".
>
>Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.

The command line is right there at the top of the post.  It's exactly
what you told me to try.  I can provide the full consolue
output later.  The only thing that seemed relevent was the message
 "No such filter: 'pullup'".

>If you care about yuv422, you have to use fieldmatch or
>filmdint. If you really want to code yourself, I would
>strongly recommend to try porting filmdint to FFmpeg.

Fieldmatch is 3x slower than filmdint, so fieldmatch is out.  I'm
already using filmdint.  The problem is that filmdint, or mencoder,
or whatever, is converting the pixels from 422 to 420.  Is there
anyway to avoid the pixel down-conversion?

I can't see how porting filmdint to ffmpeg would be simpler that
merely inserting a routine into the source code that writes out a
JPEG image whenever mencoder sends a video frame to the muxer.
I already have the WriteJPEG subroutine coded.  I merely need to
know where to put it.

Eitehr way,, I'm happy for now if I can get mencoder to stick with
422 pixels, and not convert to 420.