[MPlayer-users] ass subtitles, vo gl and amd video

Nick Koretsky nick_koretsky at ukr.net
Mon Sep 23 16:37:16 CEST 2013

Hi!

I have a weird problem on my new htpc box that uses a8 cpu build in video
with fglrx driver - with vo gl certain ass effects cause extreme slowdowns
up to 1-2 frames per second.

My work pc with nvidia videocard using nvidia binary drivers does not have
this problem.

It can be avoided using -vf ass but than i get blurry subs like vo xv.
I tried dsize,scale,ass trick but apparently a8 is not fast
enough to decode highbitrate 10-bit encode and do software scaling at the
same time - video jerks on complex scenes...

attached is an example of offending subs

btw, vlc just dies trying to play this irregardless of vo :)

  Nick Koretsky (nick.koretsky at gmail.com)