[MPlayer-users] Sound stop between Ctrl+Alt+Fn and Alt+F7

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu May 23 10:04:31 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:12:25PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
> For me using OSS radeon driver on a 4890 + alsa this only happens
> with -vo gl. The vid pauses, so no sound. It doesn't happen with -vo
> vdpau or xv.

With fglrx and audio output via HDMI I suspect it might also
happen in other cases.
For vo gl, you might want to try -nodouble and/or -vo gl:swapinterval=0
I suspect that the vsync interrupt might get lost when you switch to the
terminal.
With -nodouble I don't think any blocking functions should be called.