[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crashes playing DVDs via dvdnav:// since the recent libdvdnav updates

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 15:47:34 CET 2013

Am 02.01.2013 00:42, schrieb Josh:

> On 1/1/2013 14:33, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> since r1245 of libdvdnav [...] MPlayer crashes immediately when
>> trying to play a DVD (every DVD I tried so far) via dvdnav://
>> [...] Reverting libdvdnav to the state prior to r1245 fixes the
>> breakage. [...]
>
> I had the same issue on MinGW/Windows and posted on the
> dvdnav-discuss list, and like you reverted the change from r1245. I
> updated to r1250 and reverted that single change. Up to r1250 has
> otherwise actually improved playback. [...]

Thank you for pointing to your posts on dvdnav-discuss. This is sort of
irritating that 40 days since dvdnav in MPlayer was broken, no one of
the leading developers seems to care. Of course, both reverting just
r1245 or building against the older system libdvdnav "solves" the issue,
but this state of affairs is far from ideal.

Should DVD playback in MPlayer become officially deprecated as far as it
is effectively unmaintained?

--
Regards

Ilja