[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer and XMMS

Elio Blanca eblanca76 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 27 21:04:11 CET 2013

Hi, I'm trying to build mplayer (today source snapshot) with support for xmms plugins (I'm running
ubuntu 12.04 precise with latest updates).
In order to do so, libxmms.so.1 must be installed on my system but xmms 1.x is no longer provided
into repos, so the only way is to built it by myself. Sadly, the new xmms2 doesn't provide libxmms.so.1.
Xmms 1.x, in turn, needs gtk-1.x which doesn't appear in ubuntu anymore.
I feel I'm going to build a new `ancient' system on purpose only to get libxmms.so.1
So, is there a short way for achieving xmms plugins support TODAY in mplayer?
Official docs at http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/MPlayer.html#xmms don't help me, can anyone?
Thank you
Elio