[MPlayer-users] Transplant Error for MPlayer-1.0rc2

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 31 13:36:37 CET 2013

On 2013-12-31 20:13 +0800, wei chen wrote:
> I try to Transplant MPlayer into my chip, but I bump up against
> difficulties of "FATAL: kernel too old Segmentation fault". so register the
> account to find some help. and My configure as follow:
>
> CPU: S3C2416
> kernel: Linux 3.1.0
> cross compiler: gcc4.3.3 (crosstool-ng)
> MPlayer : MPlayer-1.0rc2
                    ^^^^^^

  Latest release is 1.1.1 and even that is old. So
the first thing to do would be to build the current SVN
version of MPlayer. Informations about MPlayer Subversion
repo is at https://mplayerhq.hu in the download section.

  Otherwise I have to admit I have no idea of what you are
trying exactly and how feasible it is. What exactly do you
mean by "transplant"? You want to cross-compile it and run
it on your SOC?

[...]

  Alexander