[MPlayer-users] Wrong aspect ratio when playing old mkv files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Dec 28 01:18:03 CET 2013

 <andrew <at> WARnux.com> writes:

> > FFmpeg contains two inverse telecine filters, the (improved)
> > pullup filter from MPlayer and a (said-to-be) superior
> > filter named fieldmatch, please rtfm.

> Thank you!  Finally, I can stop depending upon MEncoder!
>
> The docs appear to be wrong:
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#fieldmatch
> -vf fieldmatch=combmatch=full,decimate
> Causes major audio sync issues,

Failing command line and complete, uncut console ouput missing;-(

> however, using mpdecimate instead works perfectly:
> -vf fieldmatch=combmatch=full,mpdecimate

I am not convinced that this command line is supposed to "work",
it at least cannot produce cfr video which is usually expected
from inverse telecine filters.

> Also, I was hoping I could do some kind of auto combing
> feature like Handbrake has by using the line below, but it
> causes major audio sync and frame skipping issues:
> -vf fieldmatch=combmatch=full,yadif=deint=interlaced,mpdecimate

Is this from the documentation?
Without testing, it looks wrong.

Carl Eugen