[MPlayer-users] Compile failed

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Sat Nov 3 17:03:40 CET 2012

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [MPlayer-users] Compile failed
  Date & Time: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:54:49 +0200

Märt Reose <mart.reose at neotrade.ee> has written:

> I am trying to compile mplayer using this guide:
> http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/enabling_hardware_accelerated_playback_ubuntu_12.pdf

Which version did you try to compile?
Maybe, it's the very latest svn of MPlayer, isn't it?

> Installed all the depencies and watched closely for error messages and
> fixed them (few package names wrong).

> Tried the version of ffmpeg in the guide and the latest one. No difference.

> The error is:
> ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(ituh263enc.o): In function
> `ff_clean_h263_qscales':
> ituh263enc.c:(.text+0x2615): undefined reference to `ff_init_qscale_tab'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

> ALSO, some logs are here:
> Installed packages: http://pastebin.com/ZiHvaWfL
> config.log: http://pastebin.com/s7fuqqrQ
> Copy of console with error: http://pastebin.com/uH0TaYAg

> It would be great if you would help me compile this thing... Or atleast
> help me troubleshoot it.

Your ffmpeg related libraries are too old.

1. remove these libraries,
2. install the very latest git of ffmpeg.
Then,
3. compile the MPlayer.

Regards,

---