[MPlayer-users] Svn 34933 fails while trying to link on Fedora 17 beta x86_64

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Mon May 21 21:26:07 CEST 2012

On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:40:32 -0700
stan <RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 May 2012 18:21:59 -0400
> Josh <joshf87 at live.com> wrote:
>
> > Likely Live555 wasn't compiled with
> > -DRTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE=1. I normally edit
> > 'livemedia/Makefile' and add  -DRTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE=1
> > to COMPILE_OPTS before compiling Live555. Or you can disable it by
> > using --disable-live when configuring MPlayer.
> >
> > I just compiled latest FFMpeg/MPlayer/Live555  without issue, in
> > Mingw/Windows anyway.
>
> You were right.  I disabled it using the option you gave above, and
> mplayer then linked without issue.  It's strange that this would
> suddenly be an issue since I've never had any problem before.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Just to follow up on this.  I reported the problem to the packager of
live555, and they responded that the interface is deprecated, as below.

Quoting from the live555 header:
#ifdef RTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE
  // Old "RTSPClient" interface, which performs synchronous (blocking)
operations.
  // This will eventually go away, so new applications should not use
it.

Quoting from the changelog:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/changelog.txt
2012.02.29:
- We no longer define RTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE by default.
Consequently, the old, now-deprecated 'synchronous' "RTSPClient"
interface will no longer be available, by default.  If you still want
this, however, you can get it by "#define"ing
RTSPCLIENT_SYNCHRONOUS_INTERFACE before "RTSPClient.hh" gets included
the first time.

So this is a deprecated (blocking) API and MPlayer need to be ported to
the non-blocking API.

Closed as INVALID as there is nothing to fix from the live555 point of
view.