[MPlayer-users] Starting mplayer from inittab breaks slave mode

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:01:47 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Roguedr <roguedr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried that too and it does not seem to be the case. Also tried
> providing full access rights to the pipe and changing pipe ownership
> to nobody. Still no luck.
>
> Started from command line it works no matter what, starting from a
> background process it does not get attached to the pipe.
>
> Any further hints?

I start mplayer in slave and idle mode, reading from a fifo, from
.xinitrc without issues.

I don't put the slave or input switches in the config file though, I run:

/usr/local/bin/mplayer -idle -slave -input file=/home/tom/.mplayer/cmd.fifo

My config is sparse:

[default]
dvd-device=/dev/acd0
vo=vdpau,xv
vc=ffh264vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
cache=65536
fs=1
afm=hwac3
nofixed-vo=1