[MPlayer-users] advanced menu in mplayer

Adam Sulmicki sulmicki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:37:59 CET 2012

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for your tips.

I was not aware of bmovl and I'll check it out.

Are there any other options besides bmovl (perhaps even completely
different software)?
The major problems with bmovl are that (it seems to me) :
a) it does not process input. For example when user clicks on The arrow it
should start playing, and, into the text box user should be able to enter
text.
b) does not support animations (ex : menu sliding from a side of screen).

perhaps it would be simpler to run mplayer at root window and have some
other application run over it. But this solution is not very good either as
it is just fine for dedicated box, but not for an user application.

Adam