[MPlayer-users] video out of sync(video_out cpu usage is high)

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 31 21:26:41 CEST 2012

Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Andy Furniss <andyqos at ukfsn.org> wrote:
>
>> Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
>>
>>> it no longer says "Shared memory not supported Reverting to normal Xlib"
>>> neither it is showing any information about "XImage/Shm" in the output.
>>>

>> You would need to use mplayer -v to see "XImage/Shm".
>>
>> Please reply to posts like I do here - with the text below not on top.
>>
>> Hi,
>   with mplayer -v option it shows XImage/Shm in the log.
>
> my mplayer produces following log:
>
> ./mplayer -v simpson_1920x800.mp4

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: sleep_timer
> A:   3.0 V:   3.0 A-V: -0.001 ct:  0.007   0/  0 33% 49%  1.5% 28
> 0

So it is just about working OK with the new xorg?

> my mplayer shows no video with "-vo gl_nosw" option. It says "Error
> opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device"

It seems that Linux support for your graphics is not very good yet,
though Intel have released some sort of support for 32bit fedora and
ubuntu according to page 5 of this thread -

http://communities.intel.com/thread/29157?start=0&tstart=0

Maybe in time the situation will improve.