[MPlayer-users] How programmatically determine the correct one of two english soundtracks for an encode

Graham Lawrence gl00637 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:02:29 CEST 2012

I thank you all for your help and comments.  I guess its really an
unanswerable question.  There seems to be no hard and fast rule as to
which soundtrack would be movie and which commentary.  I'll just have
to accept the occasional need to re-encode some movies.

Wish I'd known about mkv's versatility vs avi earlier, but I found the
whole subject of encoding so complex I wrote a script to make all the
decisions for me, and committed to avi because the mencoder
documentation is heavily oriented to avi.