[MPlayer-users] Problem to play some ASX playlists

Rodrigo Campos rodrigo at sdfg.com.ar
Thu Jan 26 22:07:05 CET 2012

Hi!

I can't play some ASX playlist using mplayer. The problem seems to be that
the ASX file has some unclosed tags. If I download and close those tags, mplayer
can play de playlist just fine.

For example, I cannot play when I run:

mplayer -v -playlist http://www.powerhitz.com/channels/stationasx/pwrcs.asx

or

mplayer -v -playlist http://www.paris-one.com/pls/radio_dance.asx

It detects the playlist as asx, and when parsing it it throws an error like:

At line 12 : EOB reached while parsing banner element body

And then it tries detecting other playlist, but it fails and the stream is never
played.

In this both cases there are unclosed tags. In the first one the "<repeat>" tag
is unclosed and in the second stream the "<banner>" tag is unclosed. Just in
case I have attached both asx to the mail. Also, if I fix them (add the
"</repeat>" to the first one or change the final ">" to "/>" in the "banner"
tag), mplayer plays it correctly.

I've downloaded the SVN and I can't play it either. Looking at the code, it
seems that in asxparser.c in the function asx_get_element() the error is thrown.
I've added some prints to see which one, and in both cases it is:

      if(ptr4 == NULL || ptr4[1] == '\0') {
        mp_msg(MSGT_PLAYTREE,MSGL_ERR,"At line %d : EOB reached while parsing %s element body.",parser->line,element);
        free(element);
        free(attribs);
        return -1;
      }

Both streams works okay on Windows Media Player, so it would be nice if they
could work on mplayer too (since the radio stations probably won't fix it if it
works on Windows).

Also, if I can help in any way, please let me know. If there are some patches to
test, I'm more than willing to try them :D

Thanks a lot,
Rodrigo