[MPlayer-users] vidix on an AMD Radeon HD 6310

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Sun Jan 22 21:12:00 CET 2012

Hello!

Is it possible to have (c)vidix on a AMD Radeon HD 6310 with an AMD-fusion 350 CPU (APU)? In the docs it says vidix works with all newer radeon cards. Is mine too new?
I got mplayer-export-2012-01-21 compiled with

./configure --enable-svgalib_helper --with-vidix-drivers=radeon --extra-cflags=-I/opt/svgalib-1.9.25/kernel/svgalib_helper/

and the svgalib_helper module of svgalib-1.9.25 inserted.

running mplayer as root yields:

mplayer -vo cvidix -v some-movie.avi
.
.
.
vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for details)!
vidixlib: PROBING: radeon
[radeon] Can't find chip
vidixlib: No suitable driver can be found.
[VO_SUB_VIDIX] Couldn't find working VIDIX driver.
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
.
.
.

Is there any chance to get vidix work on my gentoo system?

Thanks for any help or hints
Lynx