[MPlayer-users] mplayer plays live streaming, how to setup playlist or other way to view

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 16:58:16 CET 2012

Dear folks,

I use FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 at home and don't have flash installed.  It is a resource hog and prefer to download the flash videos and view offline.  For instance I use

https://calomel.org/youtube_wget.html

and run
$ ./youtube_get_videos.pl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?????

I would like to do the same for a site that does live streaming of Football(Soccer) and American Football games and watch online.  This way I avoid the use of flash player

http://www.firstrow.tv/sport/football.html

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=93280&page=1
and
http://wiki.twit.tv/wiki/TWiT_Live

show some examples, but I can't seem to get one to work.  I try to watch a game in English Premier league but command stops :(

http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/103639/1/watch-arsenal-vs-manchester-united.html

has the page I want to view, but can't seem to get mplayer to play it, there are pop ups and other interferences that might get in the way :(

any idea as to how to approach this?

I appreciate comments, advice or suggestions to get this going.  I was able to watch online streaming of a certain channel:

$ mplayer -aspect 16:9 http://bglive-a.bitgravity.com/twit/live/high

doing something similar to the page above would be great and be able to watch live games without flash.

Regards,

Antonio