[MPlayer-users] Makeing a video processable by an embedded system

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Aug 19 14:36:41 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:23:16AM +0200, meino.cramer at gmx.de wrote:
> Then I tried
>
>     mplayer -vf scale=-3:480 <video>

Just -zoom will make it do the right thing, but as you noticed software
scaling is really slow, especially without any assembler optimizations.
-sws options can make it a good bit faster, but still slow.

> MPlayer SVN-r33094-4.5.3 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

This is too old to do GLES (which if it worked might be the fastest way).

>     VO: [gl2] 720x576 => 1024x576 Planar YV12

Why are you using gl2? gl is better in any aspect (except for supporting
some very, very old and special cards or videos with more than 2048x2048
resolution).

> MPlayer2 2.0-379-ge3f5043 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

Also really old and a fork which is kind of off-topic here.

> Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
> [VO_XV] Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver

As said, the graphics driver sucks.
Get a up-to-date MPlayer version and try -vo gl:backend=3.
If it doesn't work, the graphics driver is not working properly at all.
Note: I don't think there is any way at all to make the graphics driver
work with an up-to-date Ubuntu for example.