[MPlayer-users] Hich cpu uceage

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Sep 23 14:45:51 CEST 2011

Am 23.09.2011 14:15, schrieb Ron Johnson:
> On 09/23/2011 02:16 AM, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> Sorry.  I confused you with OP.  Are you morally-ethically opposed to
> the nvidia driver?

No, it's only crappy in regards to xinerama. I have three screens
together, and overall responsiveness is way better with nouveau than
with nvidia: Screen updates, scrolling (especially in Firefox), and of
couse kernel updates work without having to reinstall everything.

With VDPAU I cannot drag a running video from one screen to another, and
I have always to know before which screen I want to display the video at.

I don't need 3D at all, so that's also not an issue (and compiz for
example also doesn't work in xinerama mode, and as long as RandR doesn't
support multi-monitor (with mulitple cards, not dual head), I will not
change anything about it).

Currently my computer is fast enough to play HD content (with 60% cpu
load on one core), so I'm little worried. I played DVD content on my
400MHz computer with a bit of framedropping and 100% cpu load ages ago,
so for me that's already an improvement :)

--
cheers,
Alex