[MPlayer-users] Disable mencoder hard sub transparrency/alpha blending

Mikkel Georgsen mikkel at andamansystems.com
Fri Nov 4 05:38:51 CET 2011

Hi all,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get hard subs without having transparency/alpha blending with mencoder.

My base command is: mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vqscale=3 -oac copy -sub /tmp/input.srt -of mpeg -o /tmp/output.mpg /tmp/input.mpeg

I've tried a plethora of different commands without any change to the transparency of the subtitle itself - #mplayer on Freenode suggested I tried here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm willing to patch the sourcecode if need be to get zero transparency.

Best regards,
Mikkel