[MPlayer-users] Mplayer loop 0, starts in the middle of video

Cuong Vu cuongvt101 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:28:00 CEST 2011

Hi all, I'm facing a very weird problem and looking for help here. I have 3
sequences of images, each sequence with different content. For each sequence
I generate a video via ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -r 30 -i img%03d.tiff -vcodec libx264 -vpre fast -b 5000k -threads 0
output.mp4

I then run each video via Mplayer and loop forever:

mplayer output.mp4 -lavdopts threads=4 -loop 0

In the first play back, videos run as normal, but from the 2nd playback in
the loop, all videos start from position (approximately) 8.5 second. That
happened to all my 3 videos. I try to look around but seems like no one has
experienced this problem.

Ok, here are what I've tried. I changed the video preset, change bitrate, or
use crf, still the same problem. If I put the -loop 0 to be in front of
output.mp4 then it can loop normally, just the playing window closes and
opens back for the next playback, which I don't like. However, if I use only
240 images (to make video's length to be 8 seconds), then the loop is fine
(start from the beginning of the video in 2nd, 3rd, ... playback). I might
doubt that my sequence of images has some kinds of problem, but like I said,
when it happened to all my 3 sequences, something is wrong here!

I also grabbed a video from somewhere else (longer than 10s), using ffmpeg
to extract it to series of images, and then with these images I used the
same ffmpeg command above to generate a new video. This time everything is
normal. No problem at all!

So can anyone please help me with this issue? It is really annoying! Thank
you.