[MPlayer-users] Mplayer and the missing ffmpeg

Henry defsyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:05:44 CEST 2011

> But if you wanted a bash script to place inside a tree with an already git
> cloned ffmpeg directory, you would probably just need 3 lines:
>
> svn update
> cd ffmpeg
> git pull
>
> I wish a developer from mplayer would update the documentation on their
> site to state the current process to get the latest build. I thought I knew.
> But after these posts, I'm not so sure.
>

> Well after further experimentation, it appears the configure script does
update the directory.

However, I wasn't expecting a configure script to be used for updating a
tree. I thought a configure script should
be limited to configuring the software for a build. Mozilla source code uses
a python script to handle a situation similar to this where more than
version software is used to update the build tree.
But whatever. As long as it works.