[MPlayer-users] mplayer+ffmpeg streaming delay

Victor Petrescu victor.petrescu13 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:28:37 CEST 2011

@Reimar:
Thank you for response... here are the details u asked:

Incapsulation is mpeg-ts. I can name the pipe in anyway... I could call it
test.testdfghdf is no avi involved... that's the first name it came on my
mind sorry for missunderstanding.

Where the delay come from... I guess from the dump or from audio since when
I try like this:
 terminal 1:
  #mkfifo pipe.avi
  #ffserver &
  #ffmpeg -i pipe.video -r 24 http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

  terminal 2:
  #mplayer -quiet -double -vo yuv4mpeg:file=pipe.video rtp://
192.168.1.8:5004

the delay is more than ok, but I'm not sure (that's why I'm asking you :P)

Same problem if I stream from a file.

So... what should I use instead of mpeg-ts?

I don't get the last one... it sound like creating a delay... and I want to
get rid of it :).

Thank you for help,
Victor