[MPlayer-users] Most annoying long-standing bugs in Mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 24 19:24:56 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 03:21:11AM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> There is probably only one: mouse wheel. Many years ago mouse wheel
> support broke in mplayer, it happened on every system and with every
> mouse I have (and I replaced mouse twice since then and upgraded main
> PC, too).

It seems to work just fine for me, does anyone else have this?
Do you happen to have key-fifo-size set to some really small value in
your config?
Otherwise use xev to check that there's both a press and release
event for all mouse key presses.

> No matter what happened to mplayer, this bug is always there.. Even
> though I remember that looong time ago it wasn't present, but on some
> update it just broke. Was probably like 3-4 years ago, or around that,
> and not fixed since :o

That was probably the point where binding combinations with mouse keys
were first supported. Quite a few people had problems with it back then.
But ever since the change that added key-fifo-size I hadn't heard any
further complaints about it.