[MPlayer-users] Most annoying long-standing bugs in Mplayer

Thu Mar 24 22:37:09 CET 2011

Hi Reimar Döffinger!

 On 2011.03.24 at 19:24:56 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote next:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 03:21:11AM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> > There is probably only one: mouse wheel. Many years ago mouse wheel
> > support broke in mplayer, it happened on every system and with every
> > mouse I have (and I replaced mouse twice since then and upgraded main
> > PC, too).
>
> It seems to work just fine for me, does anyone else have this?
> Do you happen to have key-fifo-size set to some really small value in
> your config?
> Otherwise use xev to check that there's both a press and release
> event for all mouse key presses.

Yes, xev shows events on press and release properly. I have

key-fifo-size = 2 # don't buffer keyboard input

in config. I uhh forgot why I did that but some change in mplayer forced
me to set that, because the way controls started to behave became
unbearable without that setting. I forgot why exactly, it was so long
time ago.

I tried key-fifo-size = 10, well now I can use mouse wheel *once* :o
If I turn wheel on two steps within a second, same problem happens.

key-fifo-size = 100 or no key-fifo-size option at all: same, trying to
turn wheel more than one step or tilting it to side twice fast creates
stuck button.

--

Vladimir