[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Fri Jan 7 20:14:06 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Oliver Seitz <info at vtnd.de> wrote:

>>> P.S.: There is a recent chip by VIA (VX900) that claims to be able to
>>> play
>>> 1080p at 30fps, but the drivers seem to be of the usual VIA-quality. The
>>> most
>>> recent linux driver is for Ubuntu 10.04, and I found no clue on how to
>>> use
>>> the marvelous video acceleration features...
>>
>> I guess I've heard about this chip but I have no clue when will to
>> they come out with a Mini-ITX board with this chip featured on it.
>
> I have an EPIA-M850 board here.

Wow.  This seems to be the most power efficient platform that is
capable to play full HD movies smoothly.  I'm pretty interested in
that but the fact that you couldn't make the acceleration work
discourages me.

László Monda <http://monda.hu>