[MPlayer-users] Using the D510MO Mini-ITX platform for full HD playback

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jan 7 20:27:00 CET 2011

>> I have an EPIA-M850 board here.
>
> Wow.  This seems to be the most power efficient platform that is
> capable to play full HD movies smoothly.  I'm pretty interested in
> that but the fact that you couldn't make the acceleration work
> discourages me.

I don't even know what type of acceleration I should try to activate...

@ Rolf Ernst: I can not completely deny that. nvidia has closed-source
drivers that almost work like they should. Intel's open source drivers
seem to have improved within the last years. VIA also supplies the
source of the drivers... but the quality of those drivers seems to me
not to be the best. In contrast to intel, for VIA drivers there's
absolutely no useful documentation. Some words of really bad english
explaining the obvious: How to install the binary drivers.

Greets,
Kiste