[MPlayer-users] How to adjust subtitle position horizontally?

Nick Koretsky nick_koretsky at ukr.net
Thu Feb 17 00:27:25 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:18:23 +0300
 Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at VM10124.spb.edu> wrote:

> > Is there any way to adjust vobsub subtitle position horizontally?
> > -vf expand doesnt help - it seems subs are always shown relative to
> > actual picture, not the black bars created by expand....
>
> It works for me, both with vobsubs extracted & embedded into .mkv rip
> and with dvd. Even vobsubs that are meant to use absolute position (on
> dvds that make use of that, by translating signs with subtitles over
> them, or drawing arrows with vobsubs pointing at objects and such) are
> still tricked by -vf expand and render subtitles outside the video.

Oops... you are right, i just tried expanding to twice the actual video size
and its obvious that subs are positioned and scaled to expand dimensions. I
was misguided by a really weirdly positioned vobsubs, they were so far of
screen that moving them to a position where they should be was still leaving
them of screen...

--
  Nick Koretsky