[MPlayer-users] How to adjust subtitle position horizontally?

Wed Feb 16 23:18:23 CET 2011

Hi Nick Koretsky!

 On 2011.02.16 at 23:11:41 +0200, Nick Koretsky wrote next:

> Is there any way to adjust vobsub subtitle position horizontally?
> -vf expand doesnt help - it seems subs are always shown relative to actual
> picture, not the black bars created by expand....

It works for me, both with vobsubs extracted & embedded into .mkv rip
and with dvd. Even vobsubs that are meant to use absolute position (on
dvds that make use of that, by translating signs with subtitles over
them, or drawing arrows with vobsubs pointing at objects and such) are
still tricked by -vf expand and render subtitles outside the video.

Maybe it depends on actual vobsubs and *some* don't behave like this?
Have you tried with other vobsubs?

--

Vladimir