[MPlayer-users] MPlayer superfluously responds to Ctrl key

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sun Dec 11 00:19:49 CET 2011

On 10.12.2011 17:42, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 05:09:59PM +0100, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> LANG=C svn log -v -l 1 input/input.c
>> r34424 | reimar | 2011-12-10 15:31:28 +0100 (Sat, 10 Dec 2011) | 2 lines
>> Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/input/input.c
>>
>> By default ignore CTRL key on its own.

> Just to be pedantic: this only gets rid of the annoying "no bind found"
> message, the previous commit fixed MPlayer thinking CTRL and backspace
> are the same thing [...].

I saw my mistake immediately after writing the message in a big rush (a
reliable recipe for embarrassment) and hitting the "Send" button... For
the sake of completeness:

r34423 | reimar | 2011-12-10 15:27:04 +0100 (Sat, 10 Dec 2011) | 6 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/osdep/keycodes.h

Use an enum to define keycodes and fix CTRL and backspace key having
the same keycode.
This is because KEY_CTRL was supposed to be the name of the "key class",
not the key, but that was later misunderstood.
Obviously that was some major bad naming....

> There is still some strange behaviour going on when using mouse buttons
> together with CTRL though. For now I'll just hope nobody cares :-)

I never had a mouse with more than 3 buttons. When I perform a middle or
right click within MPlayer window, I get the usual "No bind found for
key 'MOUSE_BTN…" messages when not using -nomouseinput idependently from
Ctrl being held down or not. So at least on my part I rather don't care :-)

Thank you very much again,

--
Regards

Ilja