[MPlayer-users] MPlayer superfluously responds to Ctrl key

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 17:42:25 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 05:09:59PM +0100, Ilja Sekler wrote:
> On 10.12.2011 14:10, Giorgio Vazzana wrote:
>
> > 2011/12/7 Ilja Sekler <ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de>:
> >
> >> starting with r34369 [...] MPlayer began to display superfluously
> >> "Speed: x 1.00" when switching to another workspace and back with
> >> the usual Ctrl+Alt+Left or Ctrl+Alt+Right keyboard shortcut while
> >> watching a video. This is very, very annoying, so I have to revert
> >> r34389 and r34369 locally for now. A fix which would be greatly
> >> appreciated.
>                                             ^^^^^
> Oops, "which" doesn't belong here at all. I messed up the sentence while
> editing, together with the spelling of the subject.
>
> > Yes, I have noticed it too. Apparently it is enough to press Ctrl to
> > display the "Speed: x 1.00" message. It's like Ctrl, when pressed
> > alone, has the same function of the Backspace key.
>
> Thanks, I saw that Ctrl alone was already causing this, but didn't
> realize that MPlayer took Ctrl for Backspace. Anyway, this is fixed now:
>
> LANG=C svn log -v -l 1 input/input.c
> r34424 | reimar | 2011-12-10 15:31:28 +0100 (Sat, 10 Dec 2011) | 2 lines
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/input/input.c
>
> By default ignore CTRL key on its own.

Just to be pedantic: this only gets rid of the annoying "no bind found"
message, the previous commit fixed MPlayer thinking CTRL and backspace
are the same thing (admittedly for anyone not caring about backspace key
working this one on its own would have fixed it, too).
There is still some strange behaviour going on when using mouse buttons
together with CTRL though. For now I'll just hope nobody cares :-)