[MPlayer-users] bug report: the position of the subtitle is too high in my case

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Fri Apr 22 10:57:07 CEST 2011

Le duodi 2 floréal, an CCXIX, Richard Chu a écrit :
> os: debian squeeze i386
> kernel: 2.6.32-5-686

Not relevant here, but better too much information than not enough.

> mplayer version:2:1.0~rc3++svn20100804-0.2

Waaaaay too old.

> I transcoded a dvd movie to H.264 file with the Handbrake. When I opened it
> with mplayer with subtitle enabled, the position of subtitle is too high (
> see attached file No.1). I tried adjust the value of subtitle position in
> the Preference, it did not work.

You did not tell us the kind of conversion you did. That is absolutely
necessary.

The exact format of the image (size in pixels, aspect ratio, removed black
bands) before and after the conversion would be a great help to find the
cause of your problem. The screenshot you gave do not give the latter
information, because prescaling may have been applied.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George