[MPlayer-users] bug report: the position of the subtitle is too high in my case

Richard Chu lawyerchu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:13:48 CEST 2011

os: debian squeeze i386
kernel: 2.6.32-5-686
mplayer version:2:1.0~rc3++svn20100804-0.2

I transcoded a dvd movie to H.264 file with the Handbrake. When I opened it
with mplayer with subtitle enabled, the position of subtitle is too high (
see attached file No.1). I tried adjust the value of subtitle position in
the Preference, it did not work.

Instead I tried VLC, the subtitle appeared in the lower position which I
feel great ( see attached file No.2).

So is it a bug or should I do anything else?

Thanks in advance.