[MPlayer-users] AVCHD Lite support.

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:21:52 CEST 2010

Would it be possible to get AVCHD Lite working properly in mplayer. i
just bought a digital camera that records it and mplayer plays the
clips at double speed. Or atleast a explanation why "-fps" does not
work.

AVCHD Lite is made by putting a 720p/30 stream in a 720p/60 format by
only doing every second frame then setting the bitstream to tell the
player to show every frame twice ****wikipedia****

My results of playing the clip on mulitple linux players are

mplayer:shows it in double speed since it does not duplicate every frame
vlc: works fine but for some reason adds some distortion in the video
during decoding *I guess its h264 is not as good for some reason
Totem: Audio out of sync which I don't know why.