[MPlayer-users] Unpredictable high CPU load while streaming invalid URLs

Anirban Dutta Choudhury anirban.duttachoudhury at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:03:57 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am running 8 instances of mplayers with 8 different network cameras.
Now, if one or more cameras gets disconnected, the mplayers used to
stay low in CPU load and memory usage. That's exactly what I want. the
idea is, on ethernet reconnection, the mplayer should play the
streaming video again.

But, sometimes, the mplayers with invalid urls slowly grow in memory
consumption and CPU load. It's very much unpredictable and I do not
know how to reproduce it. Sometimes, it does not happen even if I run
the system dor 3-4 days continuously. Sometimes this high bus load
comes in 10-15 minutes.

I am using following command line options:
-slave -quiet -nosound -nomouseinput -noconsolecontrols -nojoystick
-loop 0 -cache 8192 skiploopfilter=nonref -benchmark -wid <X11-ID>
<rtsp-url>

mplayer version: 1.0rc2-4.3.2

Regards,
Anirban