[MPlayer-users] wireless cam stops after 17 hours with mplayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 30 17:05:42 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 07:40:14AM -0700, Charles Ross wrote:
> I have two linksys wireless web cams.  Cam 1 just plays videos, cam 2 uses mplayer to take an image every minutes.  Cam 1 keeps playing, no problems.  Cam 2 keeps stopping after about 17 hours (~1050 images at 1 min intervals).  I have to think there is a network setting or mplayer issue.  Maybe someone on here can help me out.

Why do you think so?

> Also, here's below is the output I see after I try to stream the video.  I can still access the wireless camera, though I can't view the stream.

What does "access" mean? Can you still play the stream with any other program?
Can you access the stream with a simple wget?
What happens if instead of MPlayer you start a wget (either with a size limit or each time killing the old one)?
Is there maybe some MPlayer still around that blocks the device?
Tried MPlayer with -nocache?
Has the camera ever been tested under such conditions? Maybe its http server
has a memory leak, causing the device to crash after around 1000 accesses -
in particular if MPlayer does not close the HTTP connection the way it expects...

> MPlayer SVN-r1.0~rc3+svn20090426-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

This is over a year old, you should try a newer one.