[MPlayer-users] Compile Fails under Solaris 10 10/09 (Intel Core 2)

Murray Blakeman mblakeman at netspace.net.au
Tue Mar 30 09:51:33 CEST 2010

On 21/03/10 11:02 AM, Murray Blakeman wrote:
> <snip> . . . . . .

> ff_dnxhd_init_mmx                   libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dnxhdenc.o)
> ff_dwt_init_x86                     libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dwt.o)
> ff_fft_init_mmx                     libavcodec/libavcodec.a(fft.o)
> ff_mlp_init_x86                     libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mlpdsp.o)
> mm_flags                            libavcodec/libavcodec.a(faanidct.o)
> ff_h264dsp_init_x86                 libavcodec/libavcodec.a(h264dsp.o)
> MPV_common_init_mmx                 libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpegvideo.o)
> dsputil_init_mmx                    libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dsputil.o)
> ff_pw_4                             libavcodec/libavcodec.a(imgconvert.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mplayer
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake: *** [mplayer] Error 1

Just a FYI

I pulled mplayer from SVN today and I was able to successfully compile
mplayer without issue.  I did have to make "/bin/bash" the default shell
for "configure" and "version.sh".

I also had to modify the "tail" command from "tail -n 1 ..." to "tail
-1..." in "configure".

This worked "./configure --prefix=/opt/mbl --confdir=/etc
--mandir=/opt/mbl/share/man --cc=gcc".

The compile with "--enable-gui" failed though.

Cheers :-)