[MPlayer-users] Most recent updates have caused a problem

Murray Blakeman mblakeman at netspace.net.au
Fri Jul 16 04:02:43 CEST 2010

On 16/07/10 04:13 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Sure it's not the other way round? Probably something block MPlayer
> in some way for a short time.

It could be the other way around.  I'm not sure.  I just know that it
happens with all of the videos I have tried and it seems to be happening
at pretty regular intervals.

> Fixes are welcome, but the main problem is your system is completely broken.
> First, headers are supposed to include everything they need.
> And unistd.h definitely should _not_ end up defining a caddr_t type,
> that is just broken.

I managed to get everything compiled properly by using the code from a
previous mplayer configure script (March).  I needed to get the original
code for cdio.h and the Solaris SCSI support as shown below.

echocheck "sys/cdio.h"
cat > $TMPC << EOF
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/cdio.h>
int main(void) { return 0; }
EOF
_cdio=no
cc_check && _cdio=yes
if test "$_cdio" = yes ; then
   def_cdio='#define DVD_STRUCT_IN_SYS_CDIO_H 1'
else
   def_cdio='#undef DVD_STRUCT_IN_SYS_CDIO_H'
fi
echores "$_cdio"

AND

if sunos; then
echocheck "userspace SCSI headers (Solaris)"
cat > $TMPC << EOF
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stropts.h>
#include <sys/scsi/scsi_types.h>
#include <sys/scsi/impl/uscsi.h>
int main(void) { return 0; }
EOF
_sol_scsi_h=no
cc_check && _sol_scsi_h=yes
if test "$_sol_scsi_h" = yes ; then
   def_sol_scsi_h='#define SOLARIS_USCSI 1'
else
   def_sol_scsi_h='#undef SOLARIS_USCSI'
fi
echores "$_sol_scsi_h"
fi #if sunos

> Actually it is, since only that configure check was changed recently,
> the "real" code was not.

See above :-)