[MPlayer-users] [MPlayer] stops streaming when satellite stream is blocked by heavy rain

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Jul 14 23:09:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 02:18:21PM -0300, Albert Scholtalbers wrote:
> Is there a option within MPlayer to prevent this from happening that it just
> temporarily stops/pauses recording/streaming and continues when the signal
> has returned?
> I mean I don't see any reason to stop recording when there are glitches in
> the signal.

Well, obviously none of the active developers have this issue, otherwise it
would probably be fixed. Also it is hard to reproduce, I only know it the
other way round that I can't quite MPlayer not even with SIGKILL (which makes
it a kernel bug).
So you'd have to find use at least enough information to know why MPlayer quits.
The output of MPlayer would be a good start there.
Otherwise just start MPlayer via a script that restarts it each time it quits,
using a new dumpfile if the previous has a significant size (or have MPlayer write
to a fifo can append the fifo output always to the same file).