[MPlayer-users] .mkv files after using mkvpropedit not able to play...

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Jan 25 13:20:22 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 00:09 +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 21:20 +0100, Andreas Allacher wrote:
> > I found out that in most cases if I use mkvpropedit those files won't play with mplayer anymore. It says no track information found.

> > Regarding the mkvpropedit author it is probably because after editing those files the track information are stored at the end of the file instead of the beginning which is allowed according to mkv specifications.
> Yes that is the reason. A simple fix enough to play back such files was
> easy to make, but I think it's better to improve the code in a somewhat
> more general way. I'll probably implement that sometime next week.

I wrote some major new functionality for Matroska handling which will
also make future enhancements a lot easier. The current state, which is
partially a work in progress, already fixes this and some other
problems. So far the changes are in a separate branch. I'll merge it to
the master branch later after some further improvements and testing.

If you're willing to test the current development branch you can do it
as follows:

First check out the git repo normally if you don't have it already:
"git clone git://repo.or.cz/mplayer-build.git"
read README and init the repo

You can switch to the development branch by running
"git checkout origin/matroska" in the mplayer/ subdirectory.
Running the normal 'update' script will switch back to the default code
used in the build repo (in addition to doing a normal update of course).

More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list