[MPlayer-users] If not mencoder, then what?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu Jan 7 08:59:40 CET 2010

> But now I've read here that mencoder is no longer officially supported.

I've chosen to understand it another way: mencoder isn't officially
unsupportet or dropped, I've understood there was only noone to work on it
right now.

> I need do this
> use an editing package - openmovieeditor - which seems not to open mp3
> audio
> streams. What I am doing now is first creating the video as an mpeg4 w/
> mpeg3 audio. Then, using mencoder, copy the video stream, but convert the
> audio via lavc to ac3. But that shifts the audio back about 5 secs or
> more,

This will probably not help with the time shift, but why do you use a
lossy audio codec to edit the video? For intermediate files I would always
suggest uncompressed audio, like pcm. It's unlikely that any software will
refuse to read that.

Greets,
Kiste