[MPlayer-users] After updating - Faster encode, lower quality

andrew at WARnux.com andrew at WARnux.com
Thu Feb 25 00:16:19 CET 2010

I've been using x264 to encode videos now for months.  Encoding a full
length movie used to take about 11 hrs and the quality was splendid.  I
built the latest mplayer/mencoder and x264 a few days ago and now my
encodes only take about 4 hours but the quality is degraded.  What
really confuses me is that I didn't change my command line parameters at
all.

How is this possible?