[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identlfy failure

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Sat Dec 18 22:38:23 CET 2010

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:13:41 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, you compiled against the system libdvd* which means no debug info for
> those functions.

:-(
Would it work if i'd recompile them all with "CFLAGS=-g3" to "enable" debug symbols?

> And the configure options in general are a really scary combination.

I am glad you like it :-)

> But anyway, it looks to me like it gets stuck trying to read the info for
> the second title, I suspect there is an intentionally broken sector there.
> It should continue after a _loong_ timeout, and you should see read errors
> in the dmesg output quite some time before.

just tried it. Mplayer (or libdvd*) just eats up all my memory (2Go RAM + swap) then
die once there's no memory left. No other message appear but :

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:1256 ***
*** for vts_ptt_srpt->title[i].ptt[j].pgn != 0 ***

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:1967 ***
*** for pgci_ut->nr_of_lus < 100 ***

Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.

thanks again for trying to help me out. i really appreciate.