[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identlfy failure

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 18 21:13:41 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 08:45:33PM +0100, Sebastien Fievet wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:24:04 +0100
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> > You can just use --extra-cflags=-g3 , that should usually be good enough.
>
> I finally made it. :-)
> I had to add "--extra-cflags=-g3 -fgnu89-inline" to to the configure options : a little googling told
> me it was necessary due to my version of GCC being 4.4.5. I am not really used to debugging
> C code, so i hope my gdb trace will be helpful. If not, please tell me what you need (and how
> to provide it!) and i'll be glad to help as much as i can.

Well, you compiled against the system libdvd* which means no debug info for
those functions.
And the configure options in general are a really scary combination.
But anyway, it looks to me like it gets stuck trying to read the info for
the second title, I suspect there is an intentionally broken sector there.
It should continue after a _loong_ timeout, and you should see read errors
in the dmesg output quite some time before.