[MPlayer-users] Forcing other framerates

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 24 16:32:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

 I bought a new LCD monitor with 60Hz framerate.
 When playing videos sometimes I git a distortet
 screen (not only with mplayer!!!). I think, it
 is because the video plays at 50Hz framerate
 which then interferes with the 60Hz refresh rate
 of the monitor.

 To proff this, I tried to play the video at 60Hz
 framerate, but unfortunately it seems, that mplayer
 insists of playing it with 50fps (which is the correct
 value for this movie!). I used

 mplayer -fps 60.0 <videofile>

 for this experiment.

 Is there any other way to force 60 fps for any video
 regardsless what the video tries to be at?

 Is there any other trick to circumvent the screen
 distortion I described aobove?

 Thank you for any help and hint in advance!
 Have a nice weekend!
 Best regards,
 mcc